At Lidder Care, we understand that deciding when someone with dementia should go into a care home is a challenging and emotional process that requires careful consideration of various factors. [...]
Newgate Lodge Care Home
Lidder Care, Nottingham
Residential Care Home
Newgate Lodge Care Home is a purpose built residential home providing day to day support for elderly residents. This home is designed to accommodate those needing a lower level of care as well as residents with dementia.
Outside the home we have a large car park for visitors and at the rear we have a secure courtyard with water fountain, flowers, fruit and vegetable plants and patio furniture for residents to comfortably enjoy nature.
Inside the home we have 60 en-suite rooms, many with shower facilities. The assisted bathrooms are equipped with mechanical powered (Arjo and Parker) Baths, with completely separate showering facilities (wet rooms).
Our home has two dining rooms which are designed to make mealtimes enjoyable. The 5* catering team serve nutritious meals for residents and staff to enjoy together. We also have cosy lounges, a tuck shop and a hair salon for our residents.
The Activities Co-Ordinator plans meaningful activities such as arts and crafts and armchair exercises to enrich our residents’ mental and physical well-being. We also hold social events and have live performances at the home to encourage a fun atmosphere and social interaction.
We welcome visitors to the home any day of the week as we feel it is important for residents to have as much contact as possible with their friends and family.
Find out more about the residents bedrooms we offer at our residential care home.
More information about the gardens at our residential home and our outdoor activities.
Our Facilities Include:
- 60 Spacious and elegant single, en-suite bedrooms
- Bedrooms feature nurse call, private aerial, internet and telephone point
- High levels of comprehensively trained staff providing the highest quality care
- 5* catering team using locally sourced fresh produce for homemade cuisine
- 4 dining rooms and conservatory lounges providing a homely environment
- Enclosed, secure and attractive garden courtyard with fountain
- Separate sensory / tactile garden area for dementia clients
- 2 passenger lifts giving easy access to both floors
- On-site laundry with excellent housekeeping service in all areas
- Reminiscence lounge, private visitors lounge & tuck shop
- Hair dressing salon with visiting hair stylist
- Seasonal outings, outdoor activities & monthly entertainers
- Multi-faith room with monthly visits from local clergy
- Visiting pat dog for animal therapy
- Communal daily newspapers and monthly magazines
- Comprehensive Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home
- Private telephone call areas
- Regular surgery visits from GPs and other professionals
"A clean and up to date environment, always very welcoming, someone always available if we need to talk. Both my mother-in-law and father-in-law live in Newgate Lodge. My mother-in-law is upstairs and my father-in-law is downstairs. Both have their needs met really well and the staff have genuine care and respect for them both."
Rating: 5 stars | August 2019
"My grandma has been at Newgate Lodge for a few years. It does not feel like a care home. It feels like Grandma's home. The staff love and care for the residents and do everything they can to make their stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. The residents are treated with dignity and care each and every day. The relatives are also made very welcome and we feel part of the family. I would have no hesitation in recommending Newgate Lodge Care Home."
Rating: 5 Stars | July 2019
"My husband and I have visited a resident since she arrived and have been very impressed by the care and support, she and other residents' receive. Although she is deaf and cannot speak she is never ignored and is included in things that can be difficult in her case. Residents seem relaxed and well cared for. It's like a big happy caring family. We have visited other care homes and this is certainly the best."
Rating: 5 star | August 2019
"My brother is very happy to live here. He is well cared for and gets on well with everyone including the staff. I find all the staff very caring and always willing to help. All the staff are always pleasant when I visit. Myself being a carer for 28 years I would highly recommend this care home to anyone needing care."
Rating: 5 Star | July 2019
"We required urgent care for my father in law. I went to look around. The home was clean and beautifully presented. The member of staff who took all the details was kind, professional and understanding. My father in law arrived the following day. A carer immediately advised that the dementia unit would not be appropriate so he lives downstairs and only sleeps upstairs in the dementia unit. The home manager is excellent and supportive of the difficulties between my husband and his brother. We can visit when we wish. There has been a marked improvement in improvement in both my father in law's physical and mental health."
Rating: 4.9 Stars | July 2019